Envision Waste Services, LLC
Plant Manager – Medina County CPF
8700 Lake Road Seville, Ohio 44273
Ph:(330) 769-1273 x1102
Fax: (330) 769-4087
Gary Kaufman has served as the first shift Plant Manager at the Medina County Central Processing Facility for over 8 years. During his tenure at the CPF, Gary has gained an intimate working knowledge of the facility. His management responsibilities include all operations for solid waste handling, processing, composting – both class 1 and class 4, facility maintenance, safety, and personnel management. Gary continues to be part of a successful management team including Second Shift Manager Tod Samples and CEO Steve Viny. Together, the Management Team has earned a “Perfect Record” for plant operation and recycling marketing. Mr. Kaufman has over twenty years of solid waste management and composting experience in Ohio and is former Director of Operations for Kurtz Brothers in Northern Ohio.
Previous Management Experience:
Kurtz Brothers Incorporated – Independence, Ohio
Mr. Kaufman served as the Director of Operations in Northern Ohio from 1986 through 2003. His responsibilities included operational and financial performance of all Northern Ohio Earth Pro Groups including: Transportation, Production, Dispatch, Repairs and Maintenance and Procurement. He provided leadership to all subordinate staff and proactively participated as a member of the senior management team.
Euclid Builder Supply – Euclid, Ohio
Mr. Kaufman held various positions within the company from 1979 through 1986, such as Crew Manager, Counter Sales, Yard Labor and Loader Operator.
- Extensive “green industry” and construction experience including project management, production supervision, equipment operation, sales and customer service.
- Responsible for the direction and leadership of all operational/production business units for the Northern Ohio Division including Product Production, Transportation, Equipment Repair and Maintenance, and Raw Material Procurement.
- Coordinated the deployment of labor, equipment, land usage and facility resources across all business units.
- Lead a team of 5 subordinate supervisors and over 30 field personnel.
- Served as a member of Northern Ohio senior management team, contributed to decisions regarding production, capital expenditures, employee relations, product pricing and financial analysis.
- Successfully increased market penetration and enhanced customer service by establishing start-up production operations. Responsibilities included site selection, as well as equipment and material procurement.
- Introduced the first owner-operator transportation system to assist in expediting product delivery and improving customer satisfaction.
- Analyzed and implemented procedural improvements which lead the transportation department from a bottom-line loss of $270,000 to a break-even operation in just one year.
- Selected and implemented new processes and equipment, which directly lowered production costs and set the industry standard for soil production practices.
Ohio State University - Columbus, Ohio
Bachelors of Science in Education
Dale Carnegie School - Cleveland, Ohio
Best of Class, Effective Speaking
Construction Estimating Institute - Columbus, Ohio
Improving Construction Productivity
Personal and Professional Affiliations:
- Ohio Contractors Association, Member
- Ohio State Physical Education, Honorary Member
- Akita Association, Member